Пришло письмо от зарубежного товарища Бkos Szőts из MorroHun Team. Ребята переводят игру Morrowind с английского на венгерский (Hungarian) язык. Просят помочь разобраться с форматом шрифта (изображение) и параметрами (высота, ширина, откуда брать символ из картинки).
Вот цитаты из писем (свои письма с уточняющими вопросами я опущу - вроде и так всё понятно):

Письмо #1:

Dear CTPAX-X Team,

I'm a leader of the Hungarian Morrowind translating team, and we is going to finish translating the game very very soon but there are a lot of special characters in the Hungarian language like ő, ű, Б, Й etc.
Morrowind doesn't show some characters and the accents of these are missing.

I am searching an editor for a very long time and recently I'd seen your page, but unfortunately I haven't found that I was looking for.

Might you help us to finish the translation with programming a very simple editor?

The fonts are in the folder of Morrowind called "Data Files/Fonts". These files contain all information about the ingame fonts, but I could not edit it because I have not got this type of programming skill.

If you wish I could send you all of these files because these aren't so big.

Oh, and here is little help for this font-editing-topic, I think you will find it useful:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=440030

I would be very grateful, if the font problem could be worked out.

Thank you for your patince,

Бkos Szőts
MorroHun Team

Кусок из письма #2:

Morrowind has 4 different types of fonts. These are:
- Century Big
- Century Gothic
- Daedric
- Magic Cards.

The Centrury fonts are rarely used in the game. The Daedric font is an ancient writing style. Magic Cards is the most widely used in Morrowind.

Two files belong to every font. These extensions are .tex and .fnt. (There are a lot of .fnt files from the Windows 3.x times but I don't think that the build-up of the ingame fonts are the same as the Windows' one.)

And the best news is that I have found a viewer after a month's searching. The site from which I gained is disappeared (probably you find it in Google's cache: http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:ZM1JR...=1&client=opera - yes, it's Chinese or similar...). But the best, the viewer can display all of the .tex files, so you can see which letters are missing.

Magic Cards has all special Hungarian small letters, except two.
The normals are: ГЎ Г© Г­ Гі Г¶, Гє; some of these appear in German, too, so that's why I think these are supported.
The two exceptions are:
Е‘ and Е±. Instead of Е± the game shows u with a "triangle": Г» (in HTML it is "ы").
Instead of Е‘ it shows normal "o" but the game has an o with tilde, but it is not shown defult: Гµ (in HTML it is "х").

These were the small letters. The following Hungarian capital letters are interesting:

Г–, Гњ, Г”, Еђ, Гљ, Г‰, ГЃ, Е°, ГЌ, so the capital version of the small letters. But in these cases none of those are shown with accents. So in the game I only see O, U, O, O, U, E, A, U, I.

If you know how the files are working and how it can be edited, please don't hang back and tell me smile.gif
If you don't know, please open a forum, perhaps somebody finds out the structure.

Thank you very much in advance!

Have a nice day,
Бkos Szőts
MorroHun Team

Вот, с форматом .TEX файлов (картинка шрифтов) я разобрался и уже выслал документацию - там какой-то странный формат:
4 байта - ширина рисунка (long)
4 байта - высота рисунка (long)
(может быть наоборот - я не знаю, потому что оба этих поля одинаковы)
Сразу после этого 8-ми байтного заголовка идёт изображение в формате:
ABCDABCDABCD...
где:
байты A, B, C - всегда 0xFF (255) если следующий байт - это цвет;
или все три байта нули - если следующий байт относится к области, которая не используется (в просмотрщике (см. ссылку снизу) я её красным раскрасил)
байт D - байт цвета (градация серого - grayscaled)

Со свойствами (файлы .FNT) я справиться не смог - сложно там всё.
Если есть у кого-нибудь желание и свободное время - помогите товарищам. Пущай наше дело будет интернациональным. (*улыбается*)
Я чем смог - тем помог.
Если что-нибудь сможете сдвинуть с места - могу через PM кинуть e-mail этого человека, чтобы вы ему написали.

Файлы, которые вам пригодятся:
Шрифты из игры (.TEX + .FNT): mwfonts.rar (42.792 байта)
Уже упомянутая программа MORROWIND:Font Viewer: mwfv011.rar (23.745 байт)
Мой просмотрщик .TEX файлов с исходными кодами на Delphi7: TEXView.zip (154.552 байта)